But my busy schedule was born out of a sense of obligation. I don't want to let someone down. It's definitely not because I"m motivated to go out and change the world, one PTA meeting at a time. I'd much rather park my ass on the couch with a drink and a football game on TV. Also I really don't know how to say "no". If I did resolutions, that might be a good one to add to the list.
So when I change something in my life, it's usually got something to do with Newton's Law of Motion. For those who failed physics, Newton's Law of Motion goes something like this: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
- Action: Jeans don't fit right. Reaction: Diet and Exercise
- Action: I'm broke. Reaction: Create a budget and figure out why I'm broke and start cutting back on unnecessary expenses and saving money.
When I make up a list of 10 things, I go 100% on all 10 things and if I slip up even just once, I tend to say, "oh fuck it, this isn't working," and I give up. Patience was never a strong suit of mine. Only child thing probably.
But alas, I'm feeling a lot of pressure to fit in with the cool kids, so without further ado, here are my resolutions, most of which I know I won't keep for longer than a week and I'm OK with that. These are things I've often thought I really SHOULD be doing but then never really get around to doing. They are also pretty easy to implement, are not huge changes and are things I've done in the past that make a world of difference with how I feel.
1. Drink more water. And no, beer and wine do not count as water; neither does the mixer in the vodka.
2. Be more patient.
3. Do more yoga. At least once a week.
4. Remember to take my damn vitamins. This one especially because I've been sick for going on 2 months now.
5. Cook dinner more often. This will require planning and I might have to become one of those
6. Let go of the little bothersome things and take time to notice and enjoy the little wonderful things.
That's it. Impressive? No. Doable? Probably.
Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all have an amazing 2013!
P.S. I plan to do a follow up post soon on my Being the Mom of a Daughter post. I have had over 3,000 views and countless PMs on Facebook and other emails and texts about it. I feel the need to clarify some things (e.g. yes I unequivocally LOVE my daughter! Geesh!) Stay tuned for that sometime soon. And it would be great if you could all comment more. I know I have a ton of people reading this blog but you're all so quiet. Maybe I"d write more if I felt some love from you :)