View My Stats

Thursday, July 4, 2013

It's been awhile

I woke up far too early this morning and considered a workout, but once my feet hit the floor I determined that I am far too sore to do much of anything but drink a gallon of coffee and catch up on computer work.  It actually took me a good 5 minutes before I could even stand upright #gettingoldsucks.  I've been hitting it hard the past few days and my poor body needs a break, no reason to push it.

That's one thing I'm really working on lately.  Self acceptance and not pushing myself.  If I don't feel like doing something that I really don't HAVE to do, then I'm not going to do it.  And I"m not going to dwell on that fact either. 

A lot has happened since I last wrote.  The major stuff I guess is that I became PTA co-president with one of my best friends from school ("School" aka my kids school),
Me and a couple of my best mom friends and Helle


I quit my job, got a new part time work from home job so I can be with my kids more, and started my own business which I"m hoping to be able to dedicate more time toward now that I"m not working full time.   That was a scary decision.  I've been quite unhappy in my previous place of employment for awhile, but I had been there for 8 years and it was safe and secure and familiar.  But it was also time to move on.  I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me, it's amazing how being in a job you don't like can drain every part of your being.  I must admit thought, my first week of "unemployment" (I took a couple of weeks off between jobs) have been a little tough.  I find myself bored a lot because I"m so used to a frantic pace of life.  I need to learn to sit back and relax and enjoy the small things more. 
This is the last time I ever have to get up this early!  Unless I have a pukey kid or an early flight!


I gave up gluten, wheat, dairy, nuts and sugar and lost 25 pounds, gained a lot of energy and got my life back (you'll see me writing a lot about this topic which most of my friends and family are sick of hearing about - I follow basically a Paleo diet but I don't eat nuts and rarely eat fruit).

I now have a 2nd grader and a Kindergartener. 




My preschool graduate whose future's so bright....you know the rest!
I've been making a lot of new friends and really branching out.  My calendar stays pretty full which is great! 

I'm also going to start picking up writing again and am planning to collaborate on something with M's uncle who is a great writer.  

I have also been spending a lot of quality time with the kids and feel like I don't get as frustrated with them, I have a lot more patience. 



















I'm also planning a trip to Vegas next week with my BFFs Helle and Candace.  I'm SO excited.  Last night M asked me if I was having a mid-life crisis. He noticed that I have been getting in shape and probably spied some of the not-so-appropriate-for-a-woman-my-age clothes that I bought for the trip.  Perhaps I am.  I've gone through a hell of a lot of changes the past few months (some of which are not fodder for a public blog but my close friends know about) and feel like basically a different person.  I would prefer to call it a third life crisis, mid life would imply I'll be dead at 68 and I am hoping that I'll just be in my prime at that age!  

Shopping with Helle is quite an adventure!



















OH and Happy Independence Day!  Regardless of where you stand on the political spectrum, anyone who can claim they are a citizen of this wonderful country has a lot to be grateful for today.  



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you've made some positive changes! You look amazing!

    Can't wait to see those outfits (in pictures).

    ReplyDelete